Friday, July 25, 2014

SHOCKER in Seattle!

A LOT has happened since the 2013 season where the Seattle Seahawks defeated the Green Bay Packers on Monday Night Football. After the controversial 'catch', the replacement refs were no more and the striking refs went back to work. Both teams went on to have good seasons and make the playoffs. And we all know about Seattle's run to the Super Bowl where they dominated the best offence in football. 

But this play still bothers Packer fans around the world. As it has been titled by some as "The WORST call EVER". Now that might be a bit extreme but it shows the passion and outrage of Packer fans. I have watched this play a 100+ times and I still can't understand how they ruled that Golden Tate had possession of the ball. Not only did the Packers defender (Jennings) have possession 100% through, Tate obviously pushed the defender (Shields) out of the way to have a chance to get the ball. Here's the play...





Now all Packer fans need to get over this...it was in 2012. It didn't really effect everyone that much as both made the playoffs. Both teams weren't good enough to win the Super Bowl but that season was significant in the transformation of the Seahawks. They got 2 important characteristics in the season, confidence and a winning attitude. 


But the good news for both teams and the league is it leads to this season. Opening night, in Century Link Field these two teams will face each other once more. And I know it's only Week 1 but it means something significant to both teams. Of course, they down play it and say it's only 1 game and the controversial call was in the past but we fans are not stupid and the NFL isn't either. That's why they are hyping up this game on their site calling it "The REMATCH". 


Many believe that Seattle can repeat and win another Super Bowl. And I wouldn't be surprised if they did especially because of their incredible Def and solid QB play. But here's the shocking news, I'm saying and calling it right now (been saying this for 2 months now) that Green Bay will roll into town and pull out the victory. I'm not sure of the score but I believe the Packers will be ready. 


Of course I could be wrong but I doubt it. 

I want to go to this game but the prices of tickets are insane. 
This week I looked on the Seahawks website for opening night. The cheapest 2 seats together is $295 US each. Get this, section 326 Row Q. The cheapest option for 4 tickets together is $295 US each in section 319 Row BB. These are terrible seats. The best 4 seats in the Lower Bowl (end zone) are $470 each section 124 Row T. Unless you want to sit in the Crows Nest it’s $375 each (section 147 Row RR). Hence, I'm not going.  No way I’m paying that kind of money. I would love to be there and see my prediction come true but I’d rather watch it on TV. 

2 comments:

Brad Thomas said...

Not much of a shocker to anyone who follows the offseason of the NFL. A healthy Rogers and massively improved defense of Green Bay has pushed the Pac to be one of the 3 early favorites in the NFC (Along with Seattle and San Fransisco). Were it week 6 and in Seattle I'd be feeling Seahawks for the win, but with it being week 1 and the teams not completely gelled I'm expecting a Packer win.

Beached Whales said...

Sorry Trev Seattle going to take this one! But you were robbed once before so get ready for it to happen again. LOLOLOL

There will be no justice for you this time.

But i will come join you and watch it.