Thursday, May 10, 2007

Conference Finals

Here we are the NHL Conference finals. The 4 best teams of 2007 are going head to head to compete for the Stanley Cup finals.

Here are the match-ups:
vs

This series will be awesome. I love the line brawl they had earlier in the year. These teams are going to battle starting in game 1. This might be the only time hatred is good.

Both have a ton of scorers but I don't think the games will be high scoring. I feel it's going to go 6 or 7. They way to stop Ottawa is to shut down their top line. Easier said than done. Spezza, Heatley and Alfredsson have combined for 37 pts. Lines 2 and 3 have earned 11 pts each and their 4th line has produced 4 pts.

Buffalo is stacked with amazing talent (Briere, Drury, etc)Miller is great in net but I feel the Sabres are lacking on the defensive end.

Ottawa in 7.

vs
This series is a tough one to call. There are things I could argue for both sides.

Ducks might have the best line in hockey right now (exception Heatley, Spezza, Alfredsson) with the Selanne line. 2 Norris trophy candidates on the blue line. Great goaltending with Giggy.

Detroit on the other hand has some great young talent. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are awesome. Lidstrom is probably the best defenseman in our era. Chelios who won't ever die or retire. Bertuzzi (who knows he might actually try now that he's in the conf finals). Plus one of the greatest goalies to play the game in Hasek.

Ducks in 6.

Ducks - Sens FINAL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can agree with ya on this one. I will go far enough to say Sen's in 6 for the cup. I do believe this is their year.

Anonymous said...

I have to say trev that this is the only time I will ever agree with you regarding sports predictions.

Long live Rabbi

Ozmang said...

Me 3!

Right now I'm 8-4 (yuck tied with Roenick and barely ahead of Maggie the Monkey whose 7-5). The rest of the TSN analysts are at 10&2 or 11-1. I sadly said Rangers and Sharks last round and ate the bullet on them :(

This round I'm with you guys. Ducks and Sens final. If I win I'll gain some space on the monkey. Hmmm Roenick bailed on this round, oh well its the true analysts and us left. I honestly think both games could go in 5 but saying 6 leaves room for a bad game.


ps. Nabakov sure had 2 games in a row being the best set up player on the ice - wonder if he'll be on his way out???. For those Canucks fans they are talking of trading Corey Scheider, if Luongo is safe who else is?