Saturday, July 29, 2006

Are YOU ready for some football???

Here is a picture of yours truly working on my draft board for my free fantasy football pools. Yes it's plural. I am in 3 this year and most likely I will do a salary cap one too, so 4 I guess.

This stuff is SO fun and serious business. Bragging rights are on the line. My super competitive one is Total Domination Year 7. It's a keeper league. My 4 keepers are incredible: Shaun "MVP" Alexander, Donovan McNabb, Marvin Harrison, and Tiki Barber. But the draft is Aug 12, who to pick? I am 8th overall in the 5th rd (1st after the keepers are selected). Some are looking at Reggie Bush, others at Tom Brady, some at other rookie RB's like D.Williams, or others want fast Willie Parker but I am looking to pick up a decent WR. Got my eye on 4 so I am sure I will get 1 at least. The problem is not the first few rds it's picking up the diamonds in the rough like J.Galloway, Rackers, Brees and the Chicago Def all taken last year in the final 2 rds. My goal this year is to win my 1st championship. So to the drawing board I go...praying, studying, and hoping to make the right picks. Leave a comment on who might be some great sleeper picks this season.

Also I am the comissioner of Minor League 2. We have 14 guys in it so it's going to be awesome. I missed the playoffs just barely because D.Culpepper, D.McAlister, B.Leftwich and J.Walker all went down with season ending injuries. The thing that is tricky about this one is because we have so many guys in the league the waiver wire is depelted and you got to know your stuff about depth charts. Other than that it's simple pick a stud and you should be fine. In this league I want either Alexander, Tomlinson, LJ, or P.Manning.

2 comments:

drewology said...

Hey Trevor,

GET A LIFE! Let's hear some trash talk.

- Andrew

Paul & Wanda Moores said...

Good blog Trev.

Hope it takes off.