Monday, January 15, 2007

Who's going to the SUPERBOWL?

Okay boys thanks for putting your bold predictions on the line. No one picked over 2 out of 4. At least we tried right? Unlike everyone else who reads these posts and don't post. Cowards.

So here we are the best weekend in football. Win and you go to the Superbowl lose and you are crying. Congrats to the Colts, Patriots, Bears and Saints. It's hard to make it here. It's even harder to win this game.

Question #1: Who's going to win the NFC and AFC Championship games this weekend?

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME:

New Orlean Saints @ Chicago Bears

Both teams won by a field goal. The Bears were as GOOD as Gould. And New Orleans went with the Bush/McAlister combo. I think my favourite play in the Saints/Eagles game was the rugby scrum pushing Duece into the endzone. I really don't think Bush was in but they didn't review it. The Bears got lucky vs Seattle. The Seahawks had more than enough chances but they couldn't execute. Alexander had a great day but that Hasselback INT was the turning point. No one thought it would be close. At least Grossman kept his job for one more week.


I think the Saints are the team of destiny. The Bears aren't that good. Struggled with the Hawks who New Orleans would have destroyed. Grossman will be the cause of the loss and he will not be back in Chicago next season.

My Prediction: Saints beat the Bears at Soldier field.


AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME:


New England Patriots @ Indianapolis Colts



Haven't we seen this before? Brady vs Peyton. Blue & White vs Blue & Silver.

Well here we go. The Patriots hung in there to upset the Chargers (that hurt the wallet). Colts showed everyone that their Def is the real deal.


Fact: Brady and New England are 13-1 in the playoffs.
Fact: Peyton Manning has never won the BIG game.

Who is better? At the moment hats have to go off to Brady who if they win this season could be the greatest QB to ever play the game. Yes I said it...this guy is clutch. If they win the whole thing this season they are the best franchise in NFL history especially when you consider the free agent era. Think about it his WR's are Gaffney and Caldwell. Both #3 WR's on the Texans and Chargers and he's making them into stars.

My Prediction: Patriots barely beat SD and Indy is a different team...they are hungry... you know what the difference will be?


Adam Vinatieri! He is clutch. No kicker better in the playoffs. New England will miss him especially on Sunday.

Question #2: Who's going to win the SUPERBOWL on Feb 4th?

Colts vs Saints
This is where the Saints go marching in but come out empty handed. The combo of Manning to Harrison will be too much for the Saints. Marvelous Marvin will win the MVP with 3 TD's. For the Saints it will be a disappointing loss but they will be happy remembering last year they picked second in the draft and in the SB the next year. And Peyton will finally get "the flying monkey" off his back. Brees is great but he can't control the fumbles of Reggie Bush. But didn't I say that the Saints are the team of destiny? Yes they are because they bring a city together but the real team of destiny will be the mighty Colts.

Of course I could be wrong but I HIGHLY doubt it.

8 comments:

mike said...

Bears will beat the saints, Patriots will beat the colts this weekend and the bears will beat the patriots in the superbowl. mullett

Anonymous said...

ok Trev, look you have known me for what 8 or 9 years, and have I ever left the side of the Patriots, NOOOOOOO!! soo this is how I see it, NE kicks by the Colts, yes it will be a tight game but I have total faith in Brady, he comes through when he needs to. Over on the NFC, well I have to go with the Saints, a hungry lets do it for the people team. They need this win and this chance and besides we have seen them come from the dust to this game and its not pure luck, its hard gritty team play when they need it, so in the end it will be Patriots and Saints, now this is hard because as a Patriots fan of course I would want them to win the SB, however the Saints deserve it just on pure heart, toss up really but if i was a betting man, heheh which I am, on this, NewEngland will squeek by for the win. By the way Trev, I will keep a hot bowl of chile for you....... Rick

Shawn Chapman said...

I dont' know what you are talking about Kempner, I predicted with you on the phone everything that happened. The only difference is that I wanted Seattle to win. I am good at this stuff you know.
I will pray about my next predictions, I will phone them to you within 2 days

Anonymous said...

Hey Trev

Bears will beat the Saints in a close one.
Never count Brady out, I pick NE over Indy then they will beat the Bears in the Big show. Paul B

Kevin said...

SuperBowl XLI - Colts vs Saints
Colts win. Man, i hate agreeing with you Kempner. But alas, here i go again. and really i was 3 of 4 last week... i said i wanted Seattle to win but actually thought the Bears would take it.
this week again i'm going with my heart instead of my head... i guess i'll just have to interceded for Peyton and the Colts D

ps hook me up with George's email address

Paul & Wanda Moores said...

AFC game IS the Super Bowl.

Hope Manning gets his. But I love Brady too.

Who is Rex Grossman anyway??

MJZ said...

AFC Championship game comes down to this...Peyton will finally get the monkey off his back and beat Brady, (who is a proven playoff machine, but not today) Manning is known for "choking" in this game and although he hasnt performed great he has done enough to allow his team to get the victory...Colts win in a close one, the difference is A.V. who might be as clutch as Kempner on Saturday afternoons
As for the NFC game, well the Bears havent really showed me much to be impressed with yes yes they won the game but they shouldnt have, and the Saints, well they are just rollin as far as the legs of Duece and Reggie will carry them (No offence Drew, your good too)...I will step out and say that the Bears will win this one
Bad weather and outdoors dont equal alot of success for the Saints (dont get me wrong I want the Saints to win I just dont think they will)
SuperBowl Colts vs Bears
Colts win
Dr. Z out!!!

Asphalt Bellyflop said...

Although I'm very tired of the seemingly endless side hype about Colts versus Patriots, the fact is that it should be a great football game.

The Colts didn't exactly impress offensively against the Ravens, but they came out a winner in a tough stadium to win in. The Patriots, for all of their ability to come behind, were in a lot of ways given the game by the Chargers. Schottenheimer got away from Martyball, and for one, that LOST him the game. Go figure.

When the Colts can win without Manning having a perfect game.... well, this is the first time it's happened. I think Manning has a great game, and the Colts win. And no, I don't think a last second field goal by Vinatieri will be required, although that would be funny.

The Saints winning it all, to some, would be great for a city that "desperately needs it". I don't see how the Saints winning the Super Bowl will magically:
- build homes for tens of thousands of people who are still homeless there
- drum up new business for people to get jobs to support themselves
- stamp out the corruption and poor decision making at the local government and police levels
- correct the currently out of control crime rate there
........but I guess whatever makes people feel better.

Anyway, Chicago is going to be cold this Sunday (duh) and the forecast is for snow showers too. That doesn't bode well for the Saints, and plays into the hands of the Chicago defense. Basically, if Grossman doesn't completely suck - which is far from guaranteed - the Bears win this one.

Bears versus Colts in Miami. Over by halftime, and Manning and Dungy wash the monkeys off of their backs. And Dan Marino cries, because his "legend" of being the best QB never to win a Super Bowl endures.