Wednesday, January 10, 2007

NFL Divisional Playoffs Predictions

Well I was right about ALL FOUR games during the Wild Card weekend. What a WILD weekend it was:
Indy was WAY better than KC, NO 1st downs for the Chiefs = no chance.
Seattle edged out Dallas. I still can't believe they won but a W is a win. I was right Dallas can't beat anyone good. Poor Romo...lol
Philly beats NY in a close one. The Eagles are good and the Giants actually made a great game of it.
New England kills the Jets. The Jets were the worst team in the playoffs.

Divisional Playoff Predictions: All 4 matchups are going to be great...what a weekend to watch football.

NFC:

Eagles @ Saints.
Garica and Westbrook look great but I think the Saints will be marching in. The team of destiny will win this game. The Saints have a ton of fire power.

Seahawks @ Bears.
I know the last time Seattle was in Chicago they got shelled. But the Bears D hasn't played as well lately and Grossman sucks (they should have drafted a QB). Seattle will squeek out a victory @ Soldier Field. And Cowboys fans will really be depressed knowing it could be them.


AFC:

Colts @ Ravens
Baltimore should do a better job with the run than KC...and Baltimore is going to blitz Indy all day. But if there is someone who can counter that it's Peyton who is the audible king. Indy will shock the world by beating the Ravens in Baltimore moving to the AFC Championship game.


Patriots vs Chargers.
If there is one team you don't want to face in the playoffs it's the Patriots. Brady has lost only one playoff game. The Chargers are no push over with the best record in football and Mr. MVP. One thing you must remember the Patriots are not the team like they were in the past. Chargers win this one and host the AFC Championship game. (Side note: Do you know that I have tickets to the AFC Championship game in SD? Going to make a ton of $ on Ebay.) The Chargers D is amazing and Rivers is better than most think. Brady will experience the nickname Lights Out!



Of course I could be wrong but I highly doubt it.

THE Question: Who are you picking?

8 comments:

Kevin said...

it's hard to admit but i'm agreeing with trev on all 4 accounts. actually the seahawks will probably lose but i hate the bears so go seahawks.

romo is gay.

Anonymous said...

Good picks Trev, I have to agree with you, Saints will beat the Eagles and the Chargers will run over the Pats. Im not so sure about the other two. You know I want my boys down in Baltimore to win but I am kinda worried. It'll either be a close game or I think that the Ravens will be stomped into the ground. It will really all depend on how well the Ravens offense decides to play. It will be a heck of a game but sorry buddy, I gotta stick with my boys from Baltimore. Ravens over the Colts. Seattle vs Chicago... you saw that game, the bears mauled Seattle, yes Seattle was missing Alexander, but he will not make up a 30 point difference. If the Bears play their football they should win hands down.
Saints over Eagle
Chargers over Pats
Ravens over Colts
Chicago over Seattle

Asphalt Bellyflop said...

Saints will beat the Eagles, but I think it's going to be close. The Eagles don't have any pressure to win this game, and a lot of them have been here before..... on second thought, I'll take the upset. The Eagles are playing well, and the Saints - well, I think they just might freeze up under this kind of pressure.

Neither Chicago or Seattle is playing well enough to inspire any confidence in either team. The deciding factor? It's in Chicago, and it's going to be an icebox. Unless Chicago tanks and Seattle cranks it up, I can't see this ending well for the Seahawks. I wouldn't be surprised with another blowout.

Is this the year that Peyton Manning gets the monkey off his back? Judging by last week, no. If the Chiefs can do that to him, the Ravens will eat him alive. And can the Indy defence do that two weeks in a row? No.

Chargers and Patriots should be the best matchup of them all. The best team now versus the best team of the past 5 years. The game could honestly go either way. Chargers win, but because it's in San Diego.....

So:
Eagles over Saints
Bears over Seahawks
Ravens over Colts
Chargers over Patriots

MJZ said...

Welcome to the playoffs baby!!
Here we go welcome all to round 2, it only gets harder from here...
Here are my picks for the week...
Saints vs Eagles...
Well I agree Trev New Orleans has alot of weapons however Philly is playing with a hot hand, after last weeks slim win over the giants I will lean towards the Saints too much firepower and Reggie Bush as well as they are playing at home Saints win...
Chargers vs Patriots...
I hate the Pats but they are a different team when it comes to the playoffs, Welcome to SD Tom allow me to introduce you to "Lights Out" with their D and LT the Chargers should be able to win, its the playoffs and nothing matters but the W...I will pick the Chargers
Ravens vs Colts...
Ray Lewis vs Peyton "I wont choke this year" Manning??? toss a coin, and see what happens is Manning actually shows up then they might win but even against a lackluster team like Kansas City they didnt do alot I will side with the Defence on this one Baltimore wins...
Bears vs Seahawks...
Depends which Rex shows up to play??? I will take the Seahawks in this one...

Anonymous said...

I agree with two of Trev's picks. The Saints are gonna win and and the Chargers are gonna win(they better win). They shoulda been out last week but Seattle will certainly fall this week. And for the other game, Peyton is good but Baltimore's defense is better. So my picks are:
saints over eagles
chargers over pats
bears over seahawks
ravens over colts

filbert

Paul & Wanda Moores said...

Ooops sayeth the Trev.

2/4 means a Monday morning football hangover

RevTrevK said...

I know Paul...close doesn't count. But at least I made a bold prediction. Easy to point out the fact of being 2 out of 4 but at least I tried.

Anonymous said...

I think Seattle is going to loss by 3.

Kevin... lets have gay sex on friday.