Thursday, February 13, 2014

3-1 vs Norway


I just finished watching the Canada Norway game from this morning (7:54 pm haha). 

Here are things I loved: 
1. We won...granted I thought it was going to be 10-1 but I'll take 3-1. It's a good warm up game. 
2. LOVED all 3 Canada goals. My favourite was Weber's blast from the point. LASER! Doughty's backhand and Benn's goal were nice too. 
3. I liked how they played St.Louis. Great move by Coach Babcock.
4. I enjoyed the Sharp, Toews and Nash line. Looked like they were gelling. 
5. Our defensemen were fantastic. Really impressed with Pietrangelo. What a beast! I was surprised Hamhuis played so many minutes. He was solid. 
6. Price looked good. He didn't look great but he wasn't tested too much. Thank you Dmen! 
7. Thought Getzlaf & Bergeron played solid minutes at C. Their experience and face-off effectiveness will be needed.
8. Loved Tavares out there...he's a sweet player. 

Things that concern me: 
1. Why in the world is Jeff Carter playing significant minutes with Crosby? Carter looks average at best. 
2. Duchene wasn't dressed? Why? I hope he plays vs Austria and proves he belongs. 
3. Overall we didn't look dominant. I think most people were expecting more. Give some credit to Norway who played better defensively than I thought they would. 
4. Crosby and Knutiz were okay...they need to play better. 
5. Not surprised but Marleau didn't impress, he needs to step it up. 

Of course I could be wrong but I doubt it. 

No comments: