Tuesday, April 24, 2007

NHL Playoffs Rd 2

You got to admit Rd 1 of the playoffs were pretty entertaining. I think I was wrong on only one prediction...not bad eh. Flippin Flames needed to win game 6. Oh well.

Well it was proved to me again when it comes to my blog only NHL fans leave comments but basketball fans just read it. That's fine...I really like basketball too so I will keep writing and I guess you will keep reading...as long as you are enjoying yourself.

NHL PLAYOFF ROUND TWO PREDICTIONS

1 Detroit vs 5 San Jose

I think many people will be picking San Jose. Which is a good pick especially with the likes of Marleau, Thorton and Cheecho and their overall good team play. But Detroit seems to be clicking. Beating a good team like Calgary was a statement. I think the different will be Hasek. Red Wings in 5.

2 Anahiem vs 3 Vancouver
Okay what a relief and a great game 7. Vancouver finally scored. You can't win a series if you don't score in game 7. The twins came alive with H.Sedin scoring the 1st goal. Nice to win at home too...great crowd. Even though Naslund hasn't played his best Linden sure has done more than ask of him (remember he's making $500, 000 and Nazy is making $6 mil). Then Trevor scores the winner...couldn't happen to a better guy. And you can't say enough about Luongo. Granted Turco would have out played him if he won in game 7 but Roberto shut the down and the cross bar sure helped as well.

Now to the big rd 2 match-up with the Ducks vs the Nucks. I am hoping and cheering for Vancouver. As you know I have picked the Ducks to win the whole thing. I hope I am wrong but I can't see Vancouver winning this series. Anahiem is stacked and on a mission. Better D will make it even harder for these Canucks to score and we have seen we are having a problem doing that. Luongo is the better goalie but he can't win us every series. Remember the best we have done in YEARS is win one playoff series. Last time we won round 1 we lost to the Wild in game 7 in rd 2. Sucks but it's reality.

Ducks in 6.


1 Buffalo vs 6 New York Rangers
I have not heard a sports expert pick the Rangers to even compete in this series. Buffalo has a crazy lineup and been playing great hockey for 2 years now. Connelly is on the 4th line...what does that say about their top 3 lines. And is it still Miller time?

The problem is no one is talking about the dynamic duo. Who? Jagr and Lundqvist. That's right these guys are going to show everyone what they are worth. If the Rangers can score look out because I think Henrik can close the door. Avery is going to cause those young Buffalo forward major problems. Nylander, Shanahan, and Straka will do alot of the scoring damage.

I know this will be a super unpopular pick but hey this is my blog and my predictions. Leave what you think and prove me wrong.

Rangers in 7.

2 New Jersey vs 4 Ottawa
This series will be a hard fought battle. Both ready for the war I think the Canadian hopes will die as the New Jersey Devils have been here time and time again. By the way they have one of the best goaltenders in NHL history. Elias, Gionta and the boys are as solid as they come. Defensively they know their stuff. Ottawa will put up a good fight. As much as I want the Senators to go on Brodeur vs Emery ... I take Brodeur. Langenbrunner or Parise will score the game 7 winner.

Devils in 7

So here's your chance to out predict me...I dare you to prove it. Leave a comment.

Go Canucks and Senators!

6 comments:

drewology said...

I don't have all that much to say, but I will give my perdictions.

Detroit in 6
Canucks in 7 (laugh if you will)
Sabres in 6
Ottawa in 5

Anonymous said...

Your brutal! For one thing wear lots of padding because jumping off the bandwagon often hurts
My preds:
Ottawa over NJ in 6
Buff over NYR in 5
SJ over DET in 6
Van over ANA in 6

PS flames suck

Trevor

Anonymous said...

i was perfect in the first round... currently tied for first in Paul's draft, where first prize is $450 this year!!??!

this round i've got the Ducks, Wings, Rangers and Sens... all winning in 6

in defense of Trev - the only reason the canucks will even win twice is cuz of Luongo. trevor is just conscious of reality and not blinded by foolishness

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Detroit in 7
Vancouver in 7
Buffalo in 4
Ottawa in 6

-Neil

Asphalt Bellyflop said...

Ducks in 5
Sabres in 6
Sens in 6
Sharks in 6

Anonymous said...

rangers in 7 is the worst prediction since some crazy guy on robson told me the sun was goin to burn out in a week...
buffalo in 6
nukcs in 7
ottawa in 6
san jose in 7