Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Bought Madden TODAY


EA Sports released this year's copy of Madden 2007. I have been looking forward to it. Even pre ordered a copy so I could get it the 1st day.
Initial thoughts:
* I like it. It's my kind of game.
* Love the graphics.
* Some of the mini games are swEEt. Love the passing, receiving and running.
* Glad I bought it.
* Played online with Hutch it was super fun. Sorry about wrecking your franchise by beating you.
* All Madden level is crazy hard. I throw like 4 INT's a half.
* Portis, C.Johnson, and of course Shaun Alexander rock. *Still has QB precision passing...boo! maybe that's why I get so many INT's.
* LOVE how you can get people to go offside, false starts and there is defensive pass interference calls.
* Thinking about being the Redskins as my franchise. Especially with Portis and Duckett now there. Better WR core but no backup if Brunell goes down. Defensively they are solid.
Things I don't like about Madden:
* Getting used to the Y button that used to be call audible now I go offside with a quick jump.
* Superstar isn't cool. I got drafted to the Vikings. Agrrrr!
* Portis fumbles WAY too much.
* No radio show or newspaper articles in franchise mode.
* Franchise mode is basic.
* Mini games it's too hard to run the 40, do the bench press and cover WR's.
* Got to make the recent trades like Barlow w/the Jets, Duckett w/the Redskins and Lelie w/the Falcons.
* No online franchise mode for me and my friends.

Conclusion: I am so glad I bought this game. No more Halo 2 just fighting on the grid iron. Go Packers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just got madden today, can't wait to play.
Anyways trev look forward to hearing how wrong your predictions will be. I could be wrong but I doubt it. LOL
Keep up the good writing and have more about the canucks because I've got some good rumors to share. check out www.hockeybuzz.com
Later
Trevor

Paul & Wanda Moores said...

Dude, have you seen www.jockreport.com? Great site. Check it out.

Paul & Wanda Moores said...

Hmmm. no controversy here.