Monday, June 06, 2011

BOSTON 8 - Vancouver 1? Stanley Cup Final Game 3

8-1???

I knew Boston needed to win this game and I wasn’t sure if Vancouver was going to pull it off but 8 to 1, no one saw that coming. Boston was playing for their hopes, dreams and playoff lives here. They did everything they should have. They are alive and momentum might have shifted.

Things I did not like in this game:

a) Obviously the score.

b) The Rome hit wasn’t good and I am okay with him getting ejected. What bothers me is watching Norton knocked out like this. It’s a fast, physical game out there and he suffered unnecessarily. I hope Horton is okay and returns. I think Rome gets suspended for 1 game.

c) I was disgusted that Lapierre joked to put his fingers in Bergeron’s mouth in game 2 but Boston sinking to Vancouver’s level with their own classless taunts was just as disgusting. Recchi the veteran, I am disappointed in you. Lucic I’m not impressed. Coach Julien told them this morning not to do the same classless move then they did and they addressed it after the game.

d) Thornton reminds me of Ben Eager! Anger management classes are needed.

e) Why did Luongo start the 3rd period? It was 4-0! Give Schneider some finals experience and get Luongo some much-needed rest for game 4. Instead you keep a guy in to get 4 MORE goals scored on him in the 3rd. Not a brilliant move. Remove Luo from any Conn Smythe Trophy talk.

f) The Canuck haters are coming out of the woodwork again. It’s a few weeks of great silence from you guys.

g) Fans wanting to win in 5 or in 7. Listen BEGGARS can’t be choosers. Of course we want Van to win at home but at this point in 40 years I just want 1 Stanley Cup. If it happens in Boston I will take it. Boston is a trying to win as well and are very good.

h) What is the deal with Tim Thomas hitting H.Sedin? Is this Ron Hextall all over again? Wow!!!

i) Overall the whole effort of Vancouver was disappointing. 2nd worst lost in NHL playoff history. Ouch.

Things that were impressive:

a) Tim Thomas!!! This guy is winning the Vezina. He was on fire and the Canucks had a lot of good chances. 40 saves!!!

b) Boston’s offensive was great especially playing one of the best team defenses.

c) Brad Marchand’s short handed goal. What an effort!

d) Raymond’s move was incredible (but Thomas shut the door).

I still believe!!!

I am not saying Vancouver loses the series but I have seen time and time again a team go up 2-0 and lose 4 straight. This is the final. The Eastern Conference Champs are not lying down defeated. They came out with a MUST win and they accomplished their goal tonight. I believe Vancouver wins game 4 and then game 5. But maybe momentum has shifted but I still believe Canucks win I don’t care if it’s in 6 or 7. OR this is just 1 game and maybe it was where Boston got an opportunity to play well but what if Vancouver wins both.

Canucks win their 1st Stanley Cup like I have been saying since December.

1 comment:

Darcy said...

Love it Trevor. As much as I am not cheering for the same team I always appreciate your comments. They always are fairly accurate and even sided. Have a great day!