Sunday, March 11, 2007

Ladysmith AA Provincial CHAMPS!!!

Kamloops March 11 2007 AA Provincial Final

Ladysmith 55 Lambrick Park 51 OT Final

I was at the game last night...what a game. I was so stressed. Dillon had the ball with 10 seconds left in a tie game. He went one on one and was charged with an offensive foul. Great our best player is fouled out!

Our boys were great in the OT frame...solid and composed.
In OT, Fyfe was solid with a monster block at a crucial time. He was hard to stop but what won it for them was 2 important plays.
1. Thomas Bodenchuk steals a Lamberick Park defensive rebound off a missed free throw in OT to keep the clock moving and an opportunity to score. Fyfe hit both free throws.
2. Scott Myerscough hitting crucial free throws to win.

I was so stressed but I am proud of them.

And guys I just want you to know that I would have been proud of you whether you won or lost. Your champs in my books.
49ers you are the best...great knowing you and loved coaching you...more importantly thankful to be your friend.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Trevor, I feel the same way too about these boys! I have coached 3 of them...Scott, Jackson and Thomas and I love those guys! I am so proud of them (especially #4)...what a way for Scott, Jackson, Thomas, Eddie, Josh, Spencer, Adam to finish thier careers! I am so proud of them

Ian Myerscough

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming out to watch, Trev. We owe a bit of this championship to you. You helped coach us some of the way. Thanks for all the love and support.

- Take care guy,

Ed

Paul & Wanda Moores said...

You forgot to tell the story of the "hail Mary" 3 pointer in the semi final game.... My friend's son was on the Sahali team that lost to Ladysmith in the semi finals

RevTrevK said...

The Sahali - Ladysmith game would have been incredible to watch for sure.
The "hail mary" 3 pointer in the final was no hail mary. That was Ben Chadwick who is a great ball player.
The coach of Sahali said to the reporter that if you gave that kid 10 shots from the 3 pt line he would miss 9 of them but he happened to hit that shot. Which is a bunch of bull. What Sahali hasn't seen is Ben going to school every morning and shooting before class. Ben can shoot the 3. He was the 2nd leading scorer on the Jr team as a grade 10. Just because he's in grade 11 and it was the only shot he took and hit in that crucial game doesn't mean it was a fluke.

It sucks for Sahali to lose that way but it was incredible for Ladysmith to win that way. Depends what side you are cheering for.

And Sahali didn't come 3rd they lost to Prince Rupert in the semi's.

By the way Paul...your friend his kid is an incredible ball player. All the Ladysmith players told me that.